The paradigms of external body care and health have changed, it is no longer only women who give relevance to their appearance, especially the appearance of their skin; At present, the market for products designed for this purpose has opened space for a wide range of options for men, most of them quite expensive. Fortunately, there are homemade, natural and very effective alternatives that promise the same or better results.
How should be the care of men's skin?
The basic routine for maintaining the good condition of men's skin includes washing your face and shaving; however, this is an understatement. To begin with, shaving correctly requires a series of measures if you want to preserve the health of your face:
1. Use foam, cream or shaving gel, after having showered or wash your face with warm water as the pores will be open, avoiding allergic reactions and irritations.
2. Moisturize the skin after shaving with lotions that also offer soothing and repairing action.
Regarding the care of the rest of the body, maintaining hydration will be crucial - repeating the same steps, assuming that it is for men who wax completely - as the years pass and the action of external factors, the skin loses smoothness and elasticity.
In this sense, body creams will be as important as facial ones, betting on those dermatologically approved and adapted to the type of skin; Sunscreen cannot be lacking, especially in the athlete who enjoys practicing outdoor sports, recommending those with SPF between 20 and 50, although the exact figure will depend on both the hours of exposure, as well as the sensitivity and phototype of the skin.
Likewise, harmful habits such as sedentary lifestyle, unbalanced diets, smoking and abusing alcohol should be avoided, after all, nicotine constricts blood vessels compromising the amount of oxygen received, while drinking too much causes dehydration. Optimal rest will be as essential as avoiding prolonged hot showers that dry out the skin.
Home remedies to care for male skin:
Whoever said that masks, poultices, lotions, creams and tonics were for women, was simply wrong; Like the cosmetic sector, there are numerous natural recipes with which to care for men's skin.
Because shaving is elementary in men, two highly effective natural toners are suggested below for skin care due to their antibacterial, antiseptic, antiviral and antifungal properties.
1. Thyme tonic and tea tree essential oil
It is prepared with:
· 250 ml of distilled water.
· 1 tablespoon thyme leaves.
· 10 drops of tea tree essential oil.
The preparation consists of bringing the distilled water to a boil, removing from the heat and incorporating the thyme leaves to marinate for half an hour. After the time has elapsed, strain and pour into a bottle or spray bottle - preferably glass - and add the drops of oil, shaking vigorously. The result will be used after shaving and will keep for at least a week, without refrigeration.
2. Elderflower tonic, lavender oil and vegetable glycerin
The necessary ingredients are:
· 1 cup of water.
· 1 tablespoon of elderflower.
· 1 tablespoon of vegetable glycerin.
· 5 drops of lavender essential oil.
The procedure begins by bringing the water to the fire in a saucepan, once it breaks the boil, remove it from the heat source and add the elderberry flowers in order to release their properties; being cold, strain and pour the infusion into a bottle where the drops of oil and glycerin will be added. When using, it is important to shake well and refrigerate to maintain its properties.
· Bathe with neem or sandalwood soap.
· Cover the skin with fresh cherry pulp before sleeping, letting it act for 15 minutes and rinse using fresh water.
· Take carrot juice and cooked beets on an empty stomach, as it provides natural iron and restores the color uniformity to the skin.